Friday, March 27, 2009

Updates

I think it's Friday! I am actually quite happy this week. Most weeks, I will admit to not caring so much about the day of the week, but I'm ready for the weekend because 1.) I have already worked about 22 hours this week and am working again tonight. 2.) Gavin's and my birthday party is Sunday night, and 3.) I'm not working again until next Wednesday!

Now on to updates, from the youngest to oldest:


Miles
Allergies. It has to be allergies. On Wednesday the poor guy had watering eyes and a runny nose. He looked like he had been run over by a truck. I felt bad for him. He had his appointment with his dermatologist this week. She is great, and gave us some high-powered stuff for his skin, which for the most part is looking good and suggested an antihistamine. We checked with his pediatrician, and she said we could. I think it might have helped! Yea!


Macey

She's chatting up a storm and remains fearless. As of late, she's been calling her best friend and brother, "Uddie." Apparently, she can't get the "B" sound to work. It's actually quite cute. Also, she is now saying Pearl and thinks that Daddy coming home is the best part of the day. Yesterday, she took a spill down the stairs, which scared her more than anything. Like I said, she's fearless!


Pearl

She is still loving school and is ready to head to Kindergarten. She had her Kindergarten screening at her new school last week and did great. However, she doesn't know how to skip. Something to work on this summer, I guess. Have I already mentioned this? She had her 5-year check up yesterday and three shots. She did great and was properly rewarded with ice cream and a juice box.


Gavin
He's excited to start making some changes in his work environment and move forward with buying a new home. Of course, he would like to sell this one first, so we've dropped the price a bit in hopes someone will take it sooner! He also enjoys his time with the kids and playing Mafia Wars on Facebook. Who knew?


Katie (that's me)
I have been working a lot. One of my co-worker's mom passed away this week, so we are covering for her for a couple of weeks. I don't mind, really, and can't wait to do the "Happy Dance" when I get my check! :-) I am finishing out my year on the MOPS steering team and trying to get some things scheduled for the summer. I won't be returning to the MOPS steering team next year. It's bitter sweet, but it's time for me to take a break from that leadership role and move on to something else. The something else has yet to be determined. I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Enjoyed reading your family update. :)