Wednesday, March 18, 2009

How to Make a St. Paddy's Day Cake


Turning the cake green with food coloring.
Here you can see three of the five "drops" Pearl used.
She then added even a bit more green after mixing it in.


Green cakes, ready for baking.


The cakes ... fresh out of the oven.
Pearl wasn't quite convinced the cake would still be green.
It was looking kinda brown/green.

We didn't have any white frosting, so I made some.
I was actually surprised to find all the necessary ingredients in my kitchen!
Sprinkles make everything better ... ask any five year old.


It's a yummy green cake!

This bite is for you! Happy St. Patrick's Day.


5 comments:

Jenny said...

Cute! Adding all the green food coloring made me think of the book Pinkalicious (sp?) where the mom adds pink to the cupcakes and the little girl says "More! More! More!" :) D

Jenny said...

I don't know how that D got there at the end of my comment. ?? Oops! :) Just ignore it! :)

Katie said...

That's a great book ... have you also read Purplicious?

Anonymous said...

I want some green cake? did you send any to me?

Anonymous said...

You should print off the different pictures and let pearl write her own story to go with the pics on how to make a green cake. It could be her first "How To book!"