Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thanksgiving Vacation - Part 1




We did have a great vacation, despite Macey's stay in the hospital. Here's a quick run-down of our fun activities! ;-)

Tuesday: We left Sioux Falls and headed East, then south to Hubbard, Iowa. I was a bit tired due to the three overnights in a row at work, but I managed to get everyone packed and ready to go. Gavin did help! :-) We got my parent's house without anything too exciting happening, and I even managed to win a game of Liverpool. Sadly, I didn't win the last hand, so it was a lackluster victory!

Wednesday: Gavin slept in, we gave all the kids a bath, and then we headed to Des Moines. In Des Moines, we met Erin and had family pictures taken. They came out great! Getting all eight of us to look good in one picture was quite a trick I'm sure. We topped off the night with supper at Hickory Park in Ames. Yum!!



Thursday: Another fun day! We had Thanksgiving dinner around noon, with a couple from my parent's church. Later, Pearl said they made her nervous and homesick. Where does she come up with this stuff? Anyway, the food was yummy, and even the tots seemed to enjoy themselves. That night, Erin, Pearl and I went to Disney on Ice ... 100 Years of Magic in Des Moines. It was Erin's birthday, and she thought this would be fun. Pearl had a blast, and we'd recommend a Disney on Ice show! We also had a great supper ... popcorn, cotton candy, pop and more candy!


Friday (Part 1): I had this great idea to be at Wal-Mart at 5 a.m. to go shopping. Erin and Mom said they were game, so we go up at 4:15 a.m. and arrived at the Iowa Falls Wal-Mart at 4:50 a.m. The line was almost a city block long by the time the store opened. It was crazy, but so much fun! I'd do it again in a heartbeat! We spent most of the rest of the day crafting. Then about 6 p.m., things got scary.

No comments: