Wednesday, December 29, 2010

While The Kids Were Away ... The Parents Worked!

For our anniversary gift, my parents "kid-napped" the kids for a few days.  While they were gone, we got quite a bit of stuff done around the house (and managed to have some chill time too).  Most important on my list:  organize the playroom.  It was a disaster.  We also added: re-decorate my bathroom, clean/organize Macey's and Miles' room and take down the Christmas decorations.  Surprisingly, we got it all accomplished.  (Please note, you will still find Winter decorations up at my house, but the tree and most of the Christmasy stuff has been put away.) 

So, without further ado,  here are before/after pictures of the playroom and bathroom.  We added a dresser to the Twiggs' room, and I straighten that up, but it wasn't really picture-worthy!

Playroom Before:



 Playroom After:



You probably can't really tell, but it's pretty much divided into three "zones."  We have Little People (lots of them and their stuff), trucks and cars, and baby care/kitchen.  There is also a tub full of tools, but that's pretty much it.  Let's see if they can keep it clean.  A friend of mine reports that a clean playroom is her children's tickets to supper ... we're thinking of trying that out.

And now for the bathroom ...

Bathroom Before:



Bathroom After:


I needed a fresh new look!  I thought green was a nice departure from blue and lighthouses.  However, my stained-glass lighthouse that my Dad made me will remain in the newly redecorated bathroom.  Gavin did the painting.  I like the two round rugs instead of the one big one that didn't really fit the space quite right.


Until next time,

3 comments:

Jenny said...

WOW! The playroom looks amazing (and where did you get those wall maps from?) and I love your "new" bathroom!! Cute round rugs, I've never seen those before. :)

Michelle said...

that's quite the transformation! amazing what can get acclompished when there are no little ones around!

erin said...

I love the bathroom - it looks very inviting. :) I also love the curtain. What did the kids think?