I have self-diagnosed myself with a case of Mommy Fatigue.
It's been a busy summer without a lot of breaks in the action. Pearl has been at camp for two weeks, which has been fun for her, but required me to be sure she was ready to go every day at 7:55 p.m. (Thankfully, Gav took her to the bus stop.)
The last 48 hours Macey has had some weird tummy/constipation stuff going on. I am hoping we are through the worst of it, but really, how do you tell a two-year-old to not whine when her tummy is hurting?? On the flip side, I am really sick of hearing, "My tummy hurts." I know, it's not nice, but it's reality. Kudos to you moms out there who have with children with chronic pain. You deserve a vacation, I'm sure. I don't really need a vacation, but do need more than three or four hours without my children (consecutively).
(And, while work does not usually contribute to any mommy fatigue, it tends to when the kids at work are misbehaving, and they, as a group, have been kind of naughty lately!!)
Gavin and I were talking about this last night, and his "break" is "home, me and the kids." My "break" is "time away from home and at least the kids." He does work hard, and he looks forward to his breaks. And more often than not, despite the work set up around here, he usually gets a good 24 hours or so a week away from work. Moms don't! Even full-time working moms don't. Oh well. I wouldn't trade my life or my kids. I would just like a little break from them. What's a mommy to do??
Anyway, that's what's been on my mind lately ...
Until next time,

P.S. I am not of the opinion that my Twiggs are any "easier" at this point in time than when they were babies. Yes, it is different, but it does get more difficult to discipline, cuddle, comfort and spend one-on-one time with two children the same age. Just in case anyone was wondering.
No comments:
Post a Comment