How did you choose your multiples' names?
We had Miles picked out for a boy name before we knew we were having twins. We also liked another boy name and several girls names. Once we knew we were having twins, we chose a name for Macey, but it wasn't Macey. Macey got her name after the "original" name was nixed later in my pregnancy. (Please note we didn't find out two were coming until I was 18.5 weeks along.) So then, we decided to pick a name that started with an M, and as all of us have five letters in our name; we needed a name with five letters. We looked and looked for a name. Then I remembered I had a cousin with a little girl named Macey. I didn't know how she spelled it, but I liked it, and I liked M-a-c-e-y. I was almost afraid to tell Gavin. Was it okay to have two great-grandkids with the same name? I wasn't sure. We could probably find a different name, right? Nope, once I told Gavin the name, we were sold.
Did you stick with family names?
Not for their first names, but yes for middle names. Kent, Miles' middle name, is Gavin's middle name and my Father-In-Law's name. Kay, Macey's middle name, is my Mom's middle name.
How do you feel about "matchy" names?
That wasn't the plan to begin with, but that's what we ended up with. It works for our little peeps. Although it's more likely you'll hear them call each other "Buddy" and "Cici," and that's not so "matchy."
Did you worry about their names "coordinating?"
Not really ... just kind of decided to go that direction after the previously mentioned incident. As it turns out, their names mean "soldier" (Miles) and "weapon" (Macey), and that couldn't be more fitting for them. And how many people can create their very own army all at once?
Did you name your babies before you met them, or wait until you saw them to assign names?
Before they arrived. I mean really, there were two coming. Who has time to wait and see?? :-)
What were your second choices?
Probably Max for a boy, and Raina for a girl.
Did you consider the popularity of a name as a deciding factor?
For all of our kids, we tried to choose names that were not common, but not weird.
Until next time,

P.S. I'm going to let them pick out sheets for their half-birthday gifts ... just the fitted one. It is a half birthday after all.
3 comments:
This was fun to read. :) And I laughed about the fitted sheet only for their 1/2 birthday. LOL! Happy 1/2 Birthday to Macey and Miles!!
Fun reading about the twins. Love their name!
Gavin just said that I didn't really explain were Miles' name came from, so in two parts: Miles Davis (Gavin is a trumpet player) and it's just a really cool name (at least according to us!)
Post a Comment