Friday, November 13, 2009

Cashing In ... and other stuff

Okay, so about a month ago, Pearl earned a movie and meal at HuHot with her parents. However, due to circumstances beyond our control, she hadn't been able to "cash in" her earnings. This week, with a few extra days off from school and work, we finally took her to HuHot and to see Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs. It was fun, and I think she enjoyed some time with us, without the Twiggs. :-)

Gavin and Pearl head in to HuHot.

Pearl enjoying her corn with some chopsticks.
(Yes, that's a summer dress, and yes, it is November.
Have you met my oldest daughter?)

In other news, on November 1, the Wigg Family Christmas tree was erected in the living room. Lights were added, but the ornaments did not arrive until November 10. So far, the Twiggs have pretty much left it alone. We hope that continues.

The kids in front of the tree.

Last weekend, I whisked Gavin away for a much needed 24-hour mini-vacation. After picking up the kids on Saturday evening, we headed to IHOP for some supper. Here's what Pearl drew on her place mat. Please notice the detail in the basketball!

Pearl's IHOP place mat drawing.


Until next time,

2 comments:

erin said...

I am so excited that she likes Basketball! Does she get to play at school?

Katie said...

I think she played quite a bit at Barb and Kent's that weekend! She'll have to take you on!!