Around the first of the year, I asked Macey if she would like to take a gymnastics class. The conversation went something like this:
Me: Macey, do you want to take a gymnastics class?
Macey: Is Miles going to be there?
Me: No, just you.
Macey: No.
We had this and variations of this conversations a few times, and I didn't push it, after all she was only three. However, we kept attending the playtime. As summer approached, I again asked Macey about taking a class ... this one would be half dancing and half gymnastics. She said yes. And thus, we began our gymnastics journey (and dance.)
She really does seem to excel at gymnastics and that is where her focus is. When we were deciding on fall classes, I had to almost bribe her to take the dance competition team she is on, but when the choice was either do dance team or wait for Miles, she chose dance team. The dance team she is on doesn't travel, and both Gavin and I agreed that one year of dance would be good for her to expose her to competition and performing in front of an audience.
Back to gymnastics: When she started her combo class in June, she was told that she would have to complete the 12 Astronomer-level skills before moving on to the Navigators class. Last week she had completed 10 of the 12 skills (stars). When she came back to see me after class she had this solemn look on her face. When I asked her what was wrong, she said, "Miss Ranee (her coach) says in two stars I have to be an alligator." Obviously something was lost in translation! So, after some explaining we were all on the same page!
Anyway, this week, she earned her final two Astronomer stars and is now a Navigator. To celebrate, we headed to McD's for lunch, and then had Oh My Cupcakes for dessert after supper. We are super proud of our little girl! Way to go, Macey!!
Until next time,
2 comments:
I am so excited for Macey - I can't wait to see her in a few more years!
How fun! I would love to see her perform (gymnastics AND dance!)
Post a Comment