This weekend, we spent a lot of time in the car (okay, van). My mom came up on Friday night. (It was supposed to be both my parents, but Dad's work needed him!)
We (Mom, the kids and I) left about 8:40 a.m. on Saturday morning and headed North on 29. We continued to head North for quite awhile, taking a quick break in Watertown for some much-needed caffeine. We veered off of 29 for lunch and continued North via a Minnesota Highway that detoured us before we finally reached our destination at about 3:20 p.m.: Crookston, Minnesota!! It was my Great Aunt Joan's birthday party! She turns 80 next month. It was a nice party, and Mom got to see all of her aunts and uncles on that side of the family. I can honestly say that I don't recall being in a room full of people I am related to who I didn't know. :-)
| Grammy and Pearl |
| Macey and her cake! |
After about 90 minutes, the kids were bouncing off the walls, so we said our good-byes and headed to Grand Forks, North Dakota. We had a good time at the hotel and playing in the water. The kids went to bed exhausted!
| Mommy: Picture by a Twigg |
| Moving chairs like Papa Ron |
On Sunday, we headed home, and remembering that there is nowhere to stop on 29 between Fargo and Watertown, we decided to stop in Fargo to buy food for a picnic lunch. It was then we learned about North Dakota's Blue Law!! So, we had to shop at the grocery store, which was really nice.
We lunched along 29 at a rest stop and returned home around 4 p.m. Overall, it was a good trip, just a lot of time in the van!
Until next time,

No comments:
Post a Comment